Sunday, April 18, 2010

Let Me Introduce You to My Active Baby

There are many names for it: alert, active, high need, demanding. Whatever you want to call it, these babies sure are one thing: exhausting. Nowadays babies are deemed "unspoilable" until about 6 months of age. Devyn was deemed "spoiled" at the ripe old age of a week and a half. Sure she was held ALOT right from the moment she was born. I was told to put her in her crib already but did I listen? Nope. Did I spoil my newborn baby? No, she was born that way. Dr. Sears is my hero because he really put things into perspective for me. On his website he thoroughly defines what he likes to call the "high need" baby. This is my Devyn. She needs massive amounts of attention, stimulation, motion, carrying, and probably a hundred other things. The pediatrician, who also has a Devyn, completely understands. She told me that some babies are just that way and they are very active toddlers. I can already tell that she is going to tear the house apart once she is able to transport herself without adult assistance. Even with all the activities that she participates in all day, the one thing she does not need massive amounts of? Sleep.  Welcome to the world of Devyn, my active baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment